Thursday, March 30, 2017

Luck of the Draw

I had a little free time this morning and so I stopped over to my son's house for breakfast. I found my eight year old grandson at the kitchen table drawing. The other two kids were asleep so I sat down with Lucas and considered a little drawing of my own.

I don't draw often now, but as a small children my sisters and I would often gather around the dining room table of our childhood home to draw with Dad after supper. I can draw, but drawing takes effort. Today I decided to put a little extra effort into the task and did not draw cats, dogs, or ladybugs.

On the table was a small doll. I looked her over and set her up as a model, picked up a colored pencil, and set to work. At first my mind wanted to tell me it couldn't be done, but it wasn't long before she started to take shape. When Aubrey came down later, I saw her look at my drawing and then glance up at the small toy. (She's actually recognizable!)

4 comments:

  1. Why don't you join our Scribble Picnic. You would be great. This is darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how I need a little pressure to actually pick up a pencil. What I probably need is an art class, not because I can't draw, but because I need to set aside the time and be put in the crucible (which is probably too an intense word for the little pressure a class would provide).
      :0)

      Delete