Specks and slivers from my week...
- I worked Sat, Sun, three hours Mon, Tues, and my 5 hour Wed, 32 hours total.
- Met a friend for lunch on Monday. Always love doing that. And on the way to work stopped to drop off an early birthday present to my favorite daughter in law. Bonus? I got to hold my littlest grandson and have him smile back at me and coo. (Heaven!) He weighs ten pounds now.
- I stopped at Bethany's on my way to work Tuesday as she said she had my birthday present. A DNA test my kids had pitched in to purchase. How cool is that? Who knows? Maybe you're my long lost cousin! Now to await the results which will take at least 6-8 weeks.
- Wednesday is the day I get out of work early. I stopped at Wegmans on my way home for those yummy sandwich ingredients. I also called Joe to have him let my chickens out for a couple hours before it got dark. I've been keeping them cooped up so they don't go across the street to hassle the neighbors and poop on their lawn.
- My son invited me to breakfast on Thursday morning and I had a great time drawing with my grandson. In the afternoon my sister Rachel and I went out to visit our brother. He was quiet as usual. Sometime during the ride Rachel said she needed to set aside some time to make a difference in the lives of others. She sometimes forgets how much her visits mean to this brother of ours. No one else will make the difference in his life that we do. No one else will make him feel loved in quite the same way.
- Thursday evening found me at our Community Bible Study fellowship night. We ate baked potatoes with all the trimmings. Two conversations came up that left me smiling. I'm not sure what precipitated the mention of my dad's nursing home services, but the woman next to me asked if he happened to be Al Plotzker. (I love when that happens.) Turns out she and her husband used to sit behind Mom, Dad, and my son Jim at church. I was able to thank them for coming out to my dad's memorial service over seven years ago. And then there was the mention of Ridgeway, Ontario, Canada and the discovery that my friend Sally's family tree does a little bit of intermingling with my husband's Teal side. (It really is a small world.)
- Yesterday I stayed home and attempted to clean, and then went out to meet my church women friends for a light meal and a little bit of chatter at Sally's house. And that is my week in a nutshell.
White Christmas Willy-Nilly take # 176.
1 hour ago