Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas Eve

We were invited by my worship leader son to their church Christmas Eve service and were blessed to accept. I found myself watching him as we stood singing Christmas carols. I was suddenly struck by how much he reminded me of the brother my sister and I had just visited earlier in the day.

My brother bears the result of not only his handicap, but years of psych drugs as well. I got a lump in my throat as I watched my son sing and saw in him what my brother might have been... It was sad, but sweet at the same time. Perhaps a little glimpse of what heaven will one day do for my brother.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Martha, heaven is going to take away all the pain and hurt. All the dreams dashed here by heath issues, or circumstances we had no control over, will be removed and only good for ever and ever. Hope 2017 brings more happiness and joy to your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often have wondered what might have been. Like pastor Lucas said today, life doesn't always make sense...but we have to trust in the Lord. There is a bigger picture...and our lives and experiences are only tiny pixels within it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad Rob did the service. He was a blessing.

      Delete