Saturday, October 29, 2016

Letting Go a Little at a Time

Giving up the reins is hard. Even giving them over to those who care can be next to impossible...

It's been a long, hard week. I am tired and teary. I am blessed by a brand new grandson, and my heart, though full and happy for my daughter, aches just a bit because I know how much her heart will break when her child faces the struggles that come with life. She will never be the same.

I slept last night. I wasn't thinking about a daughter in the throes of childbirth. Hannah's labor and delivery are accomplished. She has a beautiful baby boy. Today they will take him home and start a new chapter of life.

I slept last night. I didn't have to worry about where my son was or if he was needing help. I knew he was surrounded by people who would give him what he needs and I knew he would finally be able to sleep too. This is another road I haven't been down before, but I know I'm not alone on the journey.

Twelve Steps of Co-Dependents Anonymous-

3. Made a decision to turn our will and lives over to the care of God as we understood God.


5 comments:

  1. New territory is always a little scary...for Hannah and beginning the role of motherhood, and us mom's who have endured years of joy, pain, love, frustration, fear and peace...all part of our slice of Life...and without the care of God....how would any of us make it? Loving you, and your precious family...everyone of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being there, my sweet friend. I love you.

      Delete
  2. I spoke with Hannah today, and we agreed that tomorrow would be better than today for us to visit.
    Praying for your boy. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We stopped for a few minutes on our way home this afternoon. I think they're doing okay.
      :0)
      And thank you for your prayers.

      Delete