Wednesday, October 19, 2016

A Marching Band, Grandpa, and a Parade

I don't like posting from work but it's quiet at the moment and I have the time. It was hard to be here yesterday when it was so very gorgeous outside, but I was blessed by the opportunity to take my friend out in the courtyard to soak up some sunshine and breathe the fresh air. There are plenty of others who had to stay in all day, so I  am thankful.

While enjoying the weather we were serenaded by a marching band in the auditorium. The volume outside was perfect. Not too loud and not too quiet. We both enjoyed the concert. At one point G. leaned forward and called softly, "Grandpa.... Grandpa..."

Not knowing exactly how to respond, but thinking that grandpa's are often tired, I responded with, "I think Grandpa's sleeping." It seemed to satisfy her at the moment. A little while later she told me she wanted to go see if we could find Grandpa in (or at) the parade and her looking for him made better sense.

Late in the afternoon, when we were back inside, we had a visit from an adorable Cairn Terrier puppy who sat on G's lap and gave her kisses. It turned out to be a good day.

Today I managed to lock the key to my vehicle inside on the floor of the passenger side where I'd apparently dropped it.. No chiropractor appointment for me this morning. I was only a half hour late to work, thanks to the diligent efforts of James, who left work and came to my rescue. I'll have to reschedule the appointment, I guess.

3 comments:

  1. The weather here has been great, too. A little windy, but I'll take that as long as it isn't cold!
    I hope your friend didn't fret too much if she wasn't able to find "Grandpa."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was exhausted by the end of the day.
      :0)

      Delete