Thursday, December 03, 2015

Sofie's Big Day (and some "Naughty" pictures)

This is Sofie's big day. She is going to a new home tonight. It will be a little sad, but only a little. She will have a family that is home more often than we are, kids to dote on her, and other dogs to play with. I love her, and she was wonderful company for my mom while she lived with us, but I just don't have the time a small dog needs and deserves, so today she had a nice bath, had her hair combed out, a flea treatment, a visit to the vet complete with two shots (distemper and rabies), and a clipping of the toenails. She's got a clean bill of health and a clean coat to go along with it. I'm sending her favorite Beanie Baby along on her new adventure so she won't be lonely.

The Naughties will be having a day with the vet too, in January. Maybe the few weeks between now and then will give me enough time to save up for their impending shots and surgeries. I am thankful that God made cats for those of us who like a small furry body to snuggle with but can't necessarily be home all the time. Cats don't mind if their person is gone all day, so long as they have a roof over their heads, food to eat, and trouble to get into. In this case the trouble is double.

The Cabinet Maker got a box on the back porch the other day. What ever was in the box, probably work related, was removed and the box full of packing paper left in the dining area, Two small somebodies found the rustling, paper filled box a wonderful playground. I heard one of them stirring and thumping around in there long before I saw the paper strewn across the floor.

They were nowhere to be seen when I took the first photo, but I tripped over a strip of paper on my way back out and they were back in no time to rustle the paper some more. They are easily amused and so am I... Christmas should be interesting, especially if it involves wrapping paper.

4 comments:

  1. Cats love paper and boxes. Christmas WILL be interesting for sure. Years ago we had a cat that climbed up into the tree and sat staring out at us. How the tree did not fall I will never know! Hilarious :-)

    Marilyn from Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am anticipating a lot of crazy activity between the kittens and my 14 month old grandson. I'll need to keep my camera handy.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. I think Sofie will be happy in her new home where she won't be alone so often...actually never, with all the doggy siblings she has now. :)

    ReplyDelete