Thursday, September 10, 2015

Babies

My Facebook newsfeed is full of babies. Six of my "friends" have had grand- children born in the past month. One got a grandson, one was blessed twin granddaughters. As you know, I was also honored to receive a new granddaughter. She arrived on September 3rd, three days late. Because of her brother's traumatic birth and subsequent Group B strep infection, she spent a little bit of time in the special care nursery. Thankfully, she went home on schedule, and thankfully her mommy and daddy came up with a name to call her, Jillian Mariah. Little "Jilly Bean."

My grand- daughter was not the only baby awaited with more than eager anti- cipation. Although she was due four days prior to my own granddaughter, this little girl decided to hold out and stay secluded for an extra two weeks. (Just like her own mommy did 34 years ago.) I fought back tears back in February when I learned my sweet niece was expecting and the catch in my throat came back when this sweet darling finally entered the world on September 8th. Welcome to the world little Liliana Elaine!

PS. Sorry for the previous typos in this post. I fixed them up. :0)

6 comments:

  1. I was gone for these beautiful girls. Love the names. We're home and I'm trying to catch up with my blogging friends.
    Sending hugs to all those sweet cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad y little niece lives too far away for me to hug. I am loving her from afar.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful baby girl! I found your blog through Linda..Woke up got out of bed...nice to meet you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Silvana. I'm glad you stopped by. Yes, they are beautiful, aren't they?
      :0)

      Delete
  3. So happy they're here and are healthy!... and adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete