Sunday, June 21, 2015

Seven, Six, Five....

7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

It was a hope against reality. I sent out the suggestion late and knew it was a long shot.

It's been a long time since our entire family sat in church together. "Perhaps," I thought, "perhaps I could get a few of my six local children to show up at church and surprise their dad." Two had previous commitments in their own churches, two didn't answer, and one stood us up. One sweet girl got out of bed this morning and came to church to show her love and appreciation. It didn't turn out quite like I'd envisioned. Although he wondered at her presence (she usually goes to another fellowship), it didn't bring the same kind of surprise that would have been evoked at the appearance of, say, three or four of our offspring.

This afternoon we're celebrating a birthday, an anniversary, and fathers with a strawberry shortcake party. I'm betting everyone shows up for that.
:0)

2 comments:

  1. haha....maybe shortcake should only be served to children who came to church...lol....

    ReplyDelete