Thursday, June 11, 2015

He Calls Me "Mammy"

My day was different than I had originally anticipated. My Darling called this morning to find out if I had plans to be out his way and if I was going to Webster, could I please bring him a battery charger for his cordless tools. Since I arrived close to lunch time, we went to Moe's for lunch and shared a burrito.

My afternoon was spent playing with a small boy named Jake, visiting with my daughter Bethany, and helping her fold laundry. I stayed with Jake while she went to an appointment, and met Josh when he came off the school bus. I stayed outside in the sun long enough to feel like my face and lips are sunburned. Oh, and Jakie can't quite say "Grammy" yet, so I have become "Mammy" instead. ha ha!

It's been weeks since I made it over to visit my friend Brenda on a Thursday night, so we spent some time catching up this evening.  (Don't tell James, but she wanted to know if I wanted to get an ice cream for dinner at Yia Yia's).

Only one of my background checks (two different counties) came back today and so it will be at least Monday before I can start orientation at the new place. I'm planning to pick up my check at the other facility tomorrow, and then I'll have the weekend off, more or less. Maybe one day I'll find some more grandchildren to play with.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found a different job. Hope so much this one works out. I love when kids find their own names for people. Mammy is cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is much lower stress and I am already feeling much more at ease with the staff in the office. Now if only I could get started.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. You just don't look like a Mammy. You need a kerchief on your head. lol....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya think?
      Years and years ago my mom had a Mammy toaster cover. It had a red and white checked dress and was adorable.
      :0)

      Delete