Saturday, October 22, 2011

Wooly Bears

Out in the fallen leaves, crossing roads and sidewalks, braving dogs, cats, and curious children march the Wooly Bear caterpillars. Wearing fuzzy brown coats trimmed with black, the little creatures scurry along looking for a winter hideout. The Little Man and I found such a fur animal wandering across the driveway on our way in from gathering nuts this week.

We stopped to admire the caterpillar do his Wiggly Dance. Once he was safe in the grass, My Little Friend brushed the bristly haired creature with the tip of a tiny finger and a smile crept across the little guy's face.

It made me smile too. :)

2 comments:

  1. There were some in my garage the other day. I dont' see them that often but they always remind me of when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've seen two around the house this year.

    ReplyDelete