Sunday, October 02, 2011

Cake Mix Cookies

I finally made those cookies I've been dreaming of, dark chocolate Cake Mix Cookies. (And this after banana nut muffins this morning...) Several years back my blog friend Judi posted the recipe. Cake mixes were on sale last week and I picked up a dark chocolate one for just this occasion. Add two eggs and a half a cup of oil to one cake mix, roll in balls and bake at 350ยบ for about 10 minutes. Instant cookies! And in any flavor you choose.

I don't typically bake because it's so hard not to indulge. Just to prove it I cheated and ate a few. They were yummy.

8 comments:

  1. I'll have to make some of those! :9

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I was there to witness the whole thing. They were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a very good idea. I wonder if our cake mixes are the same size... can only try and find out I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I like the way they look too. What a cool way to make cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yea!! looks yummy!
    would that be a winter project for your flowers? after you and sweet Han-nah Bana-nah help them make paper bags to cart them home in?? hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, Judi! (PS. I will think of you every time I make them.)

    Erin, I hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of these! I love how crackly they are. Yum. I would have chosen dark chocolate, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thinking I should have sprinkled a little powdered sugar on top.

    ReplyDelete