Monday, August 24, 2020

Late Summer Sunsets

It's harder to think about going back to work on Monday than actually doing it. I had a good day and even worked a full day. Two of my little friends were back for the first time since March.

Tonight I took myself back down to the lake. I told Hannah I need to find a different place to go and she said, "Why?"

If I arrive at the park early enough, there are plenty of parking spaces and I have time to wander about with my camera looking for something interesting. I was not disappointed this evening.

I took a path along the far east shore to where the old break wall lies. There isn't really much of a beach, just a rocky bit of shore and water burped up by the waves.

I sat out on a rock by the pier for a bit and took some photos, then got bored and headed back toward the shore.

I heard music and found a young man playing an electric violin. I recognized him as the same student I saw at the canal last Tuesday when I had dinner with my friend Aimee. He is quite extraordinary!

Such a beautiful evening. So glad I didn't spend it moping about at home.

4 comments:

  1. Oh what lovely pictures. My grandson Michael, his wife and our two greats just took a week and visiting Jill and family in Oregon. Their pictures remind me of yours. Can't beat the water, whether, ocean, lake, river or creek. Even a mud puddle can have a certain charm. HaHa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There really is something about mud puddles isn't there?
    Such a beautiful evening and I love your scenes.
    That electric violin would have been fascinating to listen to.
    Hope your week goes well.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you catch the video I put on my Facebook page this morning? So very beautiful! I found my phone to make better videos than my camera.
      Evenings are definitely better down by the lake.
      :0)

      Delete