Sunday, August 23, 2020

Here I Am

It's been an exhausting week; allergies, emotions, and a restless night to boot. I have the allergies under control again, at least as far as the throat and congestion. They're still making me sleepy, but maybe that's from taking the allergy medication twice a day instead of once. I think I'll drop it back down again this coming week and see if that helps.

I'm not sure if anything exciting happened. I didn't make any pie, but I did freeze one bag of elderberries and drop the other two off to a friend. Mid week I was given a personal sized elderberry pie and a jar of blueberry jam. A very sweet gift indeed.

Last night I took myself back to the lake for some evening pictures. The park was occupied, but not heavily populated when I arrived, but half and hour later the parking lot and shoreline filled with people. We were not disappointed. The sunset was spectacular.

Today I went to find my friend Gail at her cottage again, picked a few pieces of beach glass off the shore, and dipped my feet into the late summer, lake water. It was warm and wonderful. I am not ready for tomorrow to be Monday.

*Photos from last night's trip to Lake Ontario at Webster Park.

8 comments:

  1. ...went to Webster park for sunset this week, it was rather hohum. I love how you captured the paddler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been several times this summer. The photographs always turn out better with a focal point and the paddlers were perfect.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful spot you are visiting and enjoying the water and sunset over the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully it is just a short drive from home.

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful pictures. Praying you feel better soon. Gosh allergy tablets make me sooo tired. Can imagine how you must have felt on them twice a day. Praying blessing over your week. 🌻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Janine!
      Today was sleepy at break time, but overall better. I did buy an iced coffee though, because I was getting a headache. I feel great now.
      :0)

      Delete
  4. Martha, I know how difficult your life is, but I'm so jealous of your day trips, not that you don't deserve everyone of them....but here I sit on a couch, and can't even swim in a pool a few yards away...So think of me when you stick you toes in the water...haha..love you tons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry you are stuck inside. I pray you will soon have the opportunity to dip your toes into some cool water and feel the grass beneath your feet. Life is not so very difficult. Most days I feel quite happy and content. God has been so very good.
      I love you tons right back! What I wouldn't give to sit at your table!

      Delete