Monday, August 10, 2020

He Hears

Late in the afternoon, when my sister and I had rested up from our walk in the woods, had eaten our lunches, and lounged around checking Facebook and looking at my pictures, we took a ride to Scoops, got a couple of ice cream cones, and walked across the street to Canandaigua Lake. We sat on boulders under the shade of a tree on the lake shore, and when a nearby couple got off their bench to go, we assumed their seat.

Once our ice creams had been consumed, we walked along the path through the park. There were lots of people out enjoying the day; picnickers, boaters, folks in the water, and others like us, just strolling.

Priscilla's early morning walks often take her to Kershaw Park. She told me how she often sees friends and acquaintances, but on Saturday the grounds were full of strangers. As we walked we made conversation. At one point the subject of church came up and I mentioned Calvary Chapel of Webster, the church I went to with my family before I moved out of the house, the one with the Ladies' Prayer group I loved so much, and then the conversation went another direction.

We had passed the fenced-in park beach, the restrooms and bathhouse, and were almost to the edge of the park when I heard a voice call out, "Martha!" I turned to look and noticed a smiling, familiar looking blond woman, but she didn't appear to be looking for my attention. And then, there she was! The woman who had called my name, was hidden behind a pair of sunglasses, but coming toward me. It was Margie, the wife of Calvary Chapel Webster's pastor, Ray. She gave me a hug and asked how I was doing. Always loving, never unkind. And there was God, smiling down on both of us, even if I was the only one who knew. He was listening.

He's still listening, and He hears every word.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, those precious little God Winks.
    He sure knew what you needed and blessed you with friends, ice cream and balm for your heart. I absolutely love this blog post, and YOU.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "God Winks." I love that. They really are the best because they are so very personal. I had another this week as well. Perhaps a blog post shall follow.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. I just love that! The God who sees! He always knows how to hug our hearts when we need it most. So glad I came across your lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased to meet you, Janine! It's really been a "God Week!" Thank you for stopping and leaving me a note.
      :0)

      Delete