Sunday, August 02, 2020

Michigan 2020

July 27-31, Gaylord, Michigan.

It was a beautiful vacation with half of my kids and grandchildren. We went to one of the few states our governor is not yet demanding we quarantine after visiting. There were family meals, campfires, boat rides, swimming, and even tubing on the Sturgeon River, for those not already hopelessly sunburned, and in possession of the right foot gear. (I had only sneakers and flip flops.)

On the first night my camera battery died and I learned my charger was not working. There was not a camera store within easy access, so I bought a whole new camera outfit at Walmart the following day. I'd thought it through the night before and had pretty much already made the decision before we ever went to the store. I have no regrets and lots of pictures.

Josiah rode with me and since I was doing all the driving, we left Sunday evening rather than wait until the wee hours of the morning. Of course we arrived too early to check in and decided to drive an hour north and do some exploring. We found the Mackinac Bridge to Michigan's upper peninsula, along with the meeting of Lakes Michigan and Huron. So beautiful! Next time I want more time to explore that area.

We spent most of our time at the house where the kids ran around and played in the water, and Adam rented pontoon boats two days in a row. I took pictures. Scads of them.

6 comments:

  1. I know that had to be lots of fun with your family. Glad you did get a camera. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. the picture of the kiddos in the water is priceless. It looks like it should be an ad for something.
    I'm so glad you had such a special vacation full of wonderful memories, and a whole new camera kit to boot..Great !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't stop watching them play. I'd even go out to watch just so they could be by the water.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. It looks like you got your "Blogger" back. Love your vacation and the pictures. I saw a lot of them on facebook and your family and grandkids are adorable.
    Wow, a new camera too. I'm impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I switched it back while I can. I was looking specifically for a draft of a blog from 2008 and needed the old setup to do it. (Feb 12, 2008)
      I'll be going through photographs for days! Ha ha!
      :0)

      Delete