Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Today Was Good

Today was a much better day than yesterday. I've been trying to catch up on my sleep, and I also asked several friends to pray. Prayer always helps. I was also told today that when my emotions are running wild, it's a good idea to slow down and pull out the acronym HALT and ask myself a few questions. Am I Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired? Basic needs that aren't difficult to address if I stop to recognize what is throwing me off. It's about taking care of myself (again) so that I am in better shape to help others.

I continue to pour over vacation pictures. The camera was well worth the investment. I can't imagine going home without photographs. How disappointing would that be?

Here are a few favorites...


Number Nine (Idris) all smiles for the boat ride.


Number Eight (Jilly) giving her baby brother a little love.


Six (Austin) and Eight (Jilly) on the dock. (She's just a tad dramatic.)


My very own Numbers Four (Josiah) and One (Jim) out fishing in the paddle boat.


 Number 14 (Henry) snacks on Mom's arm. She's my very own Number Three (Bethany)


My beautiful favorite daughter in law (aren't they all?) Michele, and Number 11 (Parker)


Popsicles. The reward for sitting nice for pictures.

8 comments:

  1. I like all your kiddos, so cute and glad you got some sleep. It is sometimes difficult for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ooo-ing and awww-ing over that precious family of yours.
    That vacation was the best balm for you EVER !!
    I like that acronym HALT..perfect for taking your mental, emotional and body temperature.
    Nice post Martha.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are already talking about next year's vacation. LOL!
      Yes, HALT will help keep me focused in the future. This time around I already knew I was tired. It helped knowing, but catching up on sleep has helped more.
      Love you!

      Delete
    2. Sleep is a wonderful thing!!!
      A few mornings ago I awoke from what i would call a nightmare...I don't remember much of it except I was sort of crying and woke my Hubby up with that noise...it scared him too. Peaceful sleep is healing.

      Delete
    3. Yes. Nightmare sleep, not so much.

      Delete
  3. Loved all the happy pictures. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete