Thursday, April 09, 2020

Today is...

Let me think... What day is it again? Oh, yes. It's Thursday.

Yesterday started out bright and sunny. I didn't get up early. While Hannah was gone to the doctor, I went back to the grocery store for things I couldn't carry on the walk back to my car. On my way in I saw Christine. It been years since I have seen Christine without hugging her. She is a special woman who survives on hugs. It felt strange to stand a few feet away and not reach out. ... Mid afternoon found us taking another long walk. You might think my feet would get used to all the walking, but they haven't yet. ... In the evening I realized I'd forgotten something at the store and opted to look for them in Target rather than return to Wegmans. On my way in my friend Heather (from my Divorce Care group) called out a hello. Another hug resisted. Oh, this is hard.

Today I was up and showered at a decent time. Bethany had another check up with her midwifery group and I stayed with the kids. We spent some of the time drawing, and when Bethany returned, we ate sandwiches and yogurt for lunch. I came home feeling sleepy and fell asleep doing an online jigsaw puzzle. ... I made creamed tuna and peas for dinner. Idris liked it aside from the peas. Ha ha! ... We walked around the block a couple of times after supper. ... It feels like Saturday again.

My unemployment check showed up in my bank account today. It's not a whole paycheck, but I found myself satisfied regardless. God will provide. That's His name. :0)

4 comments:

  1. That is hard to pass up sharing hugs in person. How good you trust that God will provide, it is true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God has always taken care of me. I don't even know why I sometimes worry. He's even provided hugs, just not as many as I'm used to.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. I am a hugger for sure...I sure miss them...Virtual hugs really aren't very satisfying.
    Paid our property taxes yesterday..that is a load off my mind.
    Dave and I walk around our neighborhood every day...it's good therapy for us.
    I do miss just going where I want to go and doing what I want to do...but
    I have a home, food, family that loves me and the Good Lord holding my hand...What more can I ask for???
    Nothing !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing compares to a physical pair of arms wrapped around me. People are what I miss the most, yet God has not left me entirely alone. He is so very good.

      Delete