Monday, April 13, 2020

Yesterday and Today

Yesterday- 

Yesterday was Easter. I went to church online again, only this time I brought it downstairs. No one else sat with me, but I wasn't hidden away in my room and I didn't feel quite so alone. I didn't dress up this time, but I was showered and dressed. Idris looked for eggs hidden in the back yard and we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast.

The day felt lazy. I thought it was cold outside, but it was warm. The sun came out and we decided to go for a late afternoon hike at Ellison Park. It was perfect hiking weather and we came home refreshed and hungry.

April 12 is also my dad's birthday, so in honor of Grandpa and what would have been his 88th birthday, we made "Noodle Surprise" for supper. (He called it "Noodle Concoction" but I think "Surprise" sounds more appetizing.) It's a simple dish of cut up hot dogs, carrots, celery, onion, canned mushrooms, and sliced green olives tossed with buttered noodles and mozzarella cheese. The perfect balance of salty and sweet.

I had a little Face Time with my Minnesota people in the evening, and a check in with Bethany before climbing into bed for the night.

Today-

I got a 12:31 am. text from Bethany that said, "Are you still awake?" I had been sound asleep and was terribly groggy, but I found my suitcase, packed my computer in its bag, and headed out into the night. My phone went completely dead in my jacket pocket, so I didn't get the news until Josh had a phone call this morning. A whopping big, 11# 11 oz, baby boy. A few snags in the delivery, but everything is looking good now. We are grateful for hospitals, medical equipment, and knowledgeable staff.

I am here with my grandkids. I wish I could say we had a fabulously fun day, but I am a little off kilter. Lack of sleep and little to no experience with how this household runs, where things are, and what doe or doesn't fly. (Actually, we're flying by the seat of our pants.)

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on that new baby! Wow though, he is big! So adorable though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. Yes, we knew he was going to be big. He's a prize winning baby for sure!

      Delete
  2. I can't imagine giving birth to a baby that big. She must be one tough momma! Mine were plenty big enough at 7lbs 5oz and 6lbs, 14oz.😁 So glad all is well.❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ben was 9# 12oz and that was more than big enough for me! She is one very brave mama!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your newborn toddler! I had a ten pounder, couldn't imagine any larger. He's so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you. Kind of not fair to get gypped out of a newborn after all that work, huh? I can't wait to actually meet him.
      :0)

      Delete
  4. Wowie...that's the size of both of my babies together...Glad Bethany is doing okay. A hard time to be in the hospital alone.
    I'm sure you will find where everything is and get into some sort of routine. It's always difficult, especially if the kiddos say we don't do it that way...
    I love Jan's comment about your Newborn Toddler...made me smile.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam satyed with her until late this morning. She was smiling when she told me he was coming home, happy that he'd stayed as long as he did. The kids were all glad to see their dad and said their goodbyes without any tears. ha ha!
      Yes, I smiled at the newborn toddler comment too. So funny.
      :0)

      Delete
  5. What a sweetheart. Yes, there won't be any need for newborn clothes. One of my co-workers years ago had an 11+lb baby. She was single and my boss let her bring him to work. We all got to enjoy him as he grew. That was a sweet boss who even let her keep him with a big play pen in the office when he was older. Best boss ever. Just heard he passed away recently.
    Even with all the struggles you are facing now...a new life that is healthy is a ray of sunshine and what is going to come again. "Here come the SUN"...love that song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still struggle with bouts of depression, but I don't really want to camp out there. Sometimes I'm just exhausted, physically, mentally, or spiritually, and need a good cry. It's amazing how cleansing tears can be. Yes, Henry is a ray of sunshine. I can't wait to meet him.

      Delete