Thursday, April 02, 2020

Thursday, Yes?

It's getting trickier to keep track of what day it is.

I made an attempt at applying for unemployment this morning. I was patient and didn't swear, mutter under my breath, or throw anything,
but my session timed out before I got started, and I decided to do something else with my time. I will try again tomorrow. And maybe the next day too.

I amended my tax returns after rolling 3 grand into an IRA. I now owe the tax man another $30, but I get a little more back from the government in return. I hope they have something left to give me...

Hannah and I sorted through my bottles of acrylic craft paints today. Some we tossed, some we poured together, and some we shook up and kept. I still have too many. Ha ha! I still plan to put some paint on canvas eventually. It looks like there will be plenty of time in the coming weeks. At least now it will be a little easier to find what I'm looking for. Maybe. I threw out a bunch of crummy, old brushes too and still have more of those than I need.

Late this afternoon we took a walk "to the cars." It was a beautiful, cold, sunny day.

We had last night's leftover chili for dinner, and I cooked up a batch of sopapillas, which turned out to be mostly just fried dough. They was tasty even if they didn't puff up like little pillows. With a drop or two of honey, they were just like dessert.

I tossed some clothes in a suitcase for my future stay at my daughter's house. Nothing fancy though, just jeans, T shirts, and the other necessities. Perhaps I should find an extra toothbrush in case the call comes in the middle of the night. Oh the excitement of a new baby!

2 comments:

  1. Yes the excitement of a new baby ...
    Your "dessert" looks divine. Wish I had some right now.
    Enjoy your walks to the cars..I love how Idris names the walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No walk today. It's cold and wet.
      Maybe it will be nicer tomorrow.

      Delete