Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Waking Up Late (again)

I was tired last night and went upstairs to bed an hour early. I must have needed the extra sleep, but veering from the established routine threw off my sleeping schedule. I woke to use the bathroom earlier than usual (It was 12:30 am.) and likely woke up and went back to sleep again just before my alarm went off. I never heard a thing until Sergio started his car at 6:15 am.

I was jolted awake when I looked at my alarm clock, which is about 12 minutes fast. It read 6:30. I hopped out of bed and grabbed my clothes. There was no time to consider a shower. I didn't have time for that. I washed my face, threw on some deodorant, and grabbed some breakfast. Thankfully, the icy snow that had accumulated on my car over night was not stuck fast to my windshield. I may have actually arrived in the nick of time had it not been for the train ambling down the tracks and across Canandaigua Road at 6:56. I'm not sure what my time card reads, I didn't look, but often the time clock runs slow.

Most of day went fine, aside from Maggie's juicy diaper leaking through her pants and onto the lap of my jeans. It was still early and I decided I was grossed out enough to run out to my car for a clean pair that I keep in case of emergencies. (I have an old bladder...) Being the cook and having defiled clothing just don't go together well. I can handle boogers on my shoulder, but feces on my legs is totally different. Ha ha!

Tonight I came home to chill out and check my computer. What do you know? I had a message on Facebook that I had accidentally left a laughing emoji on a link to an article about the Holocaust. Some people were not happy with me, but both the friend who posted the link and a few others said it was most likely an accident. Oh, dear...

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I hate to wake late and be running late to work. I have left the wrong emoji on something or hit like on a sad post on FB. It happens. Just apologize and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Defiled clothing...made me smile...good thing to have spare things in the car for those events!
    I read about your emoji on FB. What a mistake for sure...
    Love your "works of art".
    My blog post today is about works of art too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those days....how I remember them from my many years of working full time. Yes, I understand old bladders...I have one. I sometimes carry extra you know what???
    At least I don't have to wake up to an alarm clock anymore..But I do make bathroom visits during the night. haha

    ReplyDelete