Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Bits and Pieces

* The rocky emotional seas are not so overwhelming today. I'm riding out the squall safe in the boat with the Captain. If He can still a storm with just one word, then I am safe. It matters not whether He is awake, or asleep on a pillow, so long as He is in the boat, and He is.

* I started my new pottery class last Friday. Advanced Hand Building, whatever that means. Ha ha! I think it means we aren't learning all those very basic skills, but a few alternative techniques and are free to explore. The best part is it gets me back to the studio and in connection with people.

* I had a good meeting with my therapist on Tuesday afternoon. In my estimation, tears are always a sign of growth and awareness, and this time there were tears. I have some homework to do, a couple of things actually, and one of them involves what happened in my step study back in the spring. Prayers regarding that would be appreciated. (Thank you.)

* I've been eating healthier this past week. Haven't consumed quite the number of vegetables I should, but I'm working on it, and I've made some great strides.

* The daycare kids are boogery. We've got a bit sickness going around, but all in all things are good. I've received some great hugs, and passed out lots of snuggles so far this week.

2 comments:

  1. I love your pottery work. I think your work is such an expression of YOU. I love that you are taking it a step further. I really miss my art work, but just can't squeeze it in right now. Maybe later. I was watching a YOUTUBE of someone doing a watercolor, and it reminded me how much I miss it. All in good time. Keeping you in my heart and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tis the "Boogery" season for sure. Stay well yourself!!
    I adore your pottery works. This one in the chair is fabulous.
    I can't believe what has happened to you in your Step Study. It sure doesn't sound like the one we have at our church. I have seen so many life changes since We have been helping at CR. Prayers for your healing in these matters. God is good and He is the Captain. The storm will be calmed.
    Love you Sister...
    Sue

    ReplyDelete