Sunday, January 26, 2020

Playing With Clay

It was a week full of stretching and growing; necessary emails, phone calls, and scheduled appointments. I learned a cup of coffee is imperative before my Friday evening pottery class. Ha ha! I left early because I was feeling like a zombie. (Is that okay to say?)

I had no appointments Saturday, no friend to meet for lunch, so even though I was feeling like hiding, I dragged myself out to the pottery studio. Only a few renters occupied the building when I arrived, but more trickled in, and when Open Studio began at noon, the place began to fill up. My friend Myung came too! I stayed several hours and by the time I left I was feeling much better. There is healing in community.

Being unsure what to make, I did some playing instead. Perhaps I'm not meant to build anything grand or glorious. Instead I made dogs. Wiener dogs. I like them.

8 comments:

  1. I love them too, especially the one cocking his head.
    so happy you took the prompt and went to the studio...community for sure....have a great day at work tomorrow.
    Sue
    P.S. thank you for your kind words on my blog. It is so appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the resulting piece makes me or someone else smile, then it is worth the effort.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Those little doggies are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I so agree with Sue...love that little tilted head...reminds me of our Molly. And the view from the rear...just adorable. You do doggies so good. I wouldn't mind having one...hint..hint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will keep that in mind. I just might end up with an entire kennel. You never know!
      :0)

      Delete
  4. Very cute Martha!!💙

    ReplyDelete