Monday, January 06, 2020

Aches and Hugs

This is why I keep going back. It's to let some of the ache out, the ache that gets stuck in my chest. It keeps happening. The ache keeps creeping back in, but that's okay because there is deep love in deep pain. There can be anger, but there is no hatred, no wish for vengeance, no want for revenge. Only a deep, deep ache.

It was a good day at the daycare. My little friend Parker was not ready to come back. He stopped at the door and decided he wouldn't come in. Mom had her hands full, so I gathered him up and gave him a hug. Later in the day he gave it back multiplied by three or four. And he called me by name. Melts my heart every time they start to say my name... :0)

Derek passed by the kitchen on his way to drop off the baby. "Hi, Martha," he said. He's been gone for two weeks, turned two over the vacation, and he greeted all of us by name. Such a sweetheart. :0)

My Jonah came looking for a hug when I dropped off the breakfast cart. He's my boy. We fell in love when he was just a baby and in another couple months he's be moving up to the preschool class. That's what happens when they turn three. I hope he always loves me... :0)

Lots of hugs, a few tears, and a multitude of smiles. And it was grilled cheese day. That's got to count for something. Everyone loves grilled cheese!

Hugs. They're a pretty good medicine. No wonder I keep going back.

2 comments:

  1. Hugs are good for us...no matter the age.
    There are scientific facts about the good that comes from the close embrace.
    If I was there, you would get some hugs too.
    Of course they aren't the same as those Littles wanting you..(:0)
    I'm glad that there is an outlet for your Deep Ache.
    I can tell that it's great therapy for your soul.
    Always remember..baby steps and hugs are healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the hugs! Where would I be without them? Parker has been giving me never ending hugs all week long.

      Delete