Wednesday, April 03, 2019

Little Stuff

Today was Wednesday, that magical day midweek when the weekend feels not quite so far away and the week a little more tolerable... Although Monday and Tuesday are really not so intolerable and I like going to work.

I went to the pottery studio last night and actually threw a few pots. Fancy that! I haven't thrown anything on the wheel in weeks, but one of my friends asked if I was going to throw any bowls and it sounded like a good idea.

This afternoon I made a visit to the doctor. I had a couple of things I needed to check out. My back/right hip has been bothering me for quite some time. A long time, really. It hurts mostly when I lay down, but can be a nuisance at other times too. The good news is my hip is working fine. It is probably a pinched nerve caused by inflammation. I've been prescribed an anti inflammatory medication and given a sheet to have an x-ray taken, just to make sure nothing is amiss. The doctor was not at all concerned about the other issue. Just a small sebaceous cyst.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are having things checked out and the doc doesn't seem too worried.
    Rest and figuring out the right med combo is the way to go.
    Love the pottery you throw. I wish I had that talent. I remember trying to make bowls in elementary school and always thought they were awful.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good doctor visit. Even if it turns out to be nothing at all, the peace of mind will make going worth the while.
      Pottery is fun. I was too chicken to try the wheel in high school. Guess there is an advantage to growing up after all. I'm sure your bowls weren't as bad as you thought they were. We all start somewhere.
      :0)

      Delete