Monday, April 22, 2019

Stuffing Envelopes

More word pictures...

Was talking with the Cabinet Maker this evening about character defects and missing pieces, and I mentioned how as a child I never learned the skill of conflict resolution. I told him that I learned to stuff envelopes. I would simply put that grudge or resentment into an envelope, lick the flap, stick it shut, and put it away. With the envelope sealed and filed, I didn't have to deal with the issue. Or so I thought...

I have spent much of the past few years sorting through envelopes. Picking them up, turning them over, but only very rarely breaking the seal and dumping the contents. When I ran into the situation with my step study leaders, I didn't want to silently slip the conflict into an envelope, seal it up, and tuck it away. All those piled up envelopes are a fire hazard! This time I have purposed to deal with the conflict in what I hope to be a healthy way instead. I know that will entail another meeting with the leader. It is painful growth.

So, yeah. I went out to the house from work tonight. We have a monumental task ahead of us. Cleaning out the house and barns can't be done in a day or two. We need weeks, and a few are all we  have, so I am going to be spending a significant amount of time in Williamson sorting through mountains of stuff. And so will James. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

PS. No more chickens... A neighbor- hood dog ran off with the remaining hen last week. Made James sad.
:0(

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful illustration of stuffing envelopes.
    I will have to remember that one.
    Good for you in your moving on and working through things.
    You can do it!!
    Will be thinking of you as you sort through "Life" and clean the memories out of the corners.
    You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strange to think there was a time when I couldn't think of how to put a word picture together. Now they just happen naturally...
      Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. Love you!

      Delete
  2. I always like to follow Sue's comments...as I just want to say AMEN! She says it so well. That is a very good illustration. I guess we all have a few envelopes. You are so special and loved by many more than you may know. Jesus loved Martha..and so do I. Prayers for the next mile in your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jesus loves me, this I know!
      Those envelopes... I've either got to dump and deal, or toss 'em in the wood stove.
      Love you so much! I wish I could sit on your balcony with you and a cup of tea. And maybe an orange scone.
      :0)

      Delete
    2. Martha...can you imagine what it would be like for the 3 of us to sit and sip a cuppa and talk for hours?? Wow, that would be so awesome...thank heavens for our blogs that allow us to keep in touch.
      Sue

      Delete
    3. That would be wonderful!

      Delete