Monday, April 01, 2019

Where Am I and What Day is It?

Last week was stressful, a week of ups and downs, nights of decent sleep, and nights where sleep was terribly elusive. I woke up in a dark room one morning and looked at my clock. It was after 6 am, maybe a few minutes after, or maybe closer to six thirty. All I remember is flying out of bed, grabbing my jeans and bra off the floor, and trying to figure out what shirt to wear all while attempting to determine whether or not I had time for a shower. My hair really needs to be washed every day...

I turned a circle or two trying to recall what day it was, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't clear the fog from my mind. What was yesterday? What had I been doing? Was it Friday? I hadn't a clue, and honestly, it was a little frightening.

I flipped open my laptop and stared at the screen. SUNDAY, MARCH 31. Relief washed over me. Ah, yes! I had been out to dinner with my Minnesota son and his family the night before. I felt just a tad silly as I crawled back under the covers and closed my eyes, but mostly I felt that profound sense of relief. I must have been absolutely exhausted when I went to bed Saturday night. Either that or it was the chicken and waffles....

No comments:

Post a Comment