Saturday, April 27, 2019

Snow and a Play Date With Clay

Just about the last thing I want to see at the end of April is snow, but there it was, filling the sky and piling up on my windshield. I'd hoped for a sweet, sunny weekend, but instead I was seeing snow. Boo! Part of me wanted to crawl back in bed to hibernate, but another thought it would be a great day to lug my new bag of clay off to the pottery studio to play in the mud.

I spent several hours wedging, spinning, and shaping lumps of clay into forms. A few flopped, but six went onto my shelf to await the next phase, which will come when they dry out enough to trim. No photos from today's play date with Clay. Maybe next time.These pots won't have the same properties as my others. It's a different kind of clay, but it was fun working with a clay that was a bit better behaved.

 Went grocery shopping with my son Joe this afternoon, then went out to the house in Williamson for a bit.

6 comments:

  1. Well at least you turned a sad snowy day into a positive experience. The snow just missed us yesterday but it is only 29°F here this morning. UGH! WHERE is spring? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turned out to be a good day, even with the morning snow. And the grass does look greener than yesterday.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. ...yesterday was a beaut! I was at the Montezuma Wildlife Refuge and just about blew out of my shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a variety of weather yesterday.A Neapolitan kind of day.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. Sorry, but it was really warm at our house...88F with a gentle breeze.... which blew the pollen every which way and then up my nose.
    Didn't stay out for long...Achoo...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had some great warm, sunny days too, Sue, enough to send a good amount of pollen coursing through the air. But yesterday morning was slightly disappointing. Today was better.
      :0)

      Delete