Sunday, April 28, 2019

Today

I enjoyed this morning's message at church and am blessed to have the ability to listen again online. Sometimes I find myself listening several times throughout the week. Just because.

After church I had a date with my favorite daughter in law and Number Four. A long overdue Girl's Day Out. (We've talked about doing this for way too long. Years even. And that is way, way too long for a little girl to wait.) Aubrey was given two Build-a-Bear bears by her Aunt Hannah about four years ago and today we took them to the mall for new outfits. We also had lunch, she rode the carousel, and peeked in the toy store. I had planned to have my ears re-pierced, until I heard the price. Ha ha! Do they think I have a hole in my head? There has to be a cheaper way...

I dropped the girls off at home and called the Cabinet Maker to see if he still wanted to catch an ice cream cone at Yia Yia's. Ben was out at the house, so they met me at the ice cream shop. On my way home I made a detour to Bethany's house to drop off my Fisher Price doll house, furniture, and people for a sweet three year old who found it quite exciting. She was playing when I left.

I got home in time to see Hannah, Sergio, and Number Nine heading out the door. I was invited along, but they were going to Yia Yia's and I'd already been there.
:0)

7 comments:

  1. ...Yia Yia's sounds like a popular spot, it's new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is safe for most people to use a TENS unit , and they will not usually experience any side effects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Santa. Could you throw one in my Christmas stocking?

      Delete
  3. We had a really good sermon Sunday too , entitled "Let Hope Rise"...Raise expectations...When hope rises-anything's possible. John 5:6-15
    1-Believe that God has better days ahead...John 5:6
    2- Believe impossible things are possible...John 5:8
    this is where we so But God ! The limitations of our "possible"
    3- Believe F.A.I.T.H. is greater than fear John 5:9

    Four destructive steps :FEAR...F-Focused only on the problem E-expected to be defeated...A-Attitude of self-protection R- Run from the problem
    5 positive choices....F-Focus on God A-Anticipate God's help I- insist on being involved...T-Take time to prepare H-Have an impact on everyone around....
    Pastor also used the example of David and Goliath....We must slay our own giants but it can only be done by God
    and our F.A.I.T.H. builders.
    This sermon meant a lot to me and I thought I would pass it on to you.
    I loved your wonderful Sunday and all the family connections. What a balm for your soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very nice day. The only local kids I missed were Joe and Nathan, and I did see Joe on Saturday. Nate is trickier to catch up with.
      :0)

      Delete
    2. And thank you for passing a piece of your sermon on to me. Ours is here... http://www.browncroft.org/messages

      Delete