Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Goodbye Old Friend

For the past twelve years my email has alerted me to new blog comments, but for some unknown reason they've stopped arriving in my inbox even though the setting remain the same. Disconcerting because occasionally a comment will pop up on an old post. How will I ever know now?

Life changes. It does. It's not the same as when I was a little girl, Not even the water tanks that welcomed me home for over 54 years are the same. One is gone. The final pieces came down this afternoon. I know it was necessary, but I still find it sad. It may have been an eyesore to some, and although I can't blame them for likely being glad to see it go, nothing said "home" quite like the Webster Water Towers standing side by side. (Second photo taken by a neighbor. I stole it from Facebook.)

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. All that is left are crumpled and broken legs.

      Delete
  2. I hate to see things like that changing around us. I was commenting to my daughter the other day how one road near our home as changed due to these fancy telephone poles that are now being put in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are places here where they changed the curve of the road. In one spot the added a curve to make the road meet up with a different road, and in another spot they curves it around to make it meet the connecting road at a "T" instead of an angle. In both cases the telephone poles declined to change their direction and now shout out the obvious change in the lay of the pavement.

      Delete