Saturday, July 07, 2018

Bits and Pieces

* Where did the week go? Wednesday holidays totally throw off my thought processes. To make things a little more confusing, I went into work late on Thursday and Friday and stayed until six. I had a long snuggle with Derek on Friday when he was the last baby. We walked the halls and he peed on me. I think I love him.

* On Thursday morning, while I was getting ready to leave the house, I heard a scritching and scratching in the vent pipes in the utility room. I was sure a squirrel had fallen down the chimney. The only thing I could think to do was call the Cabinet Maker. I had to leave to meet my sister for breakfast before work and I didn't want any deceased critters clogging up the pipes. He came over and took the vent pipes apart to release an imprisoned and very tired grackle.

* I ate dinner with my sister Rachel twice this week. This afternoon we took a ride to visit our brother and take him for a ride through Barn Heaven. I had my camera along but the battery was dead. No pictures today. Tim was probably relieved. Ha ha! When we picked him up at the house, he was watching for us out the window and singing "Going to the Chapel." Hearing our nonverbal brother sing is a rare and priceless gift.

* Number Four turns eight tomorrow. I'm charging my camera batteries so I can catch some pictures of my grandchildren.  I miss my kids. I know they're grown up and all, but I still miss them. I'm looking forward to a few hugs tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment