Wednesday, March 07, 2018

In a Slump

I decided this evening that I am "in a slump."

I looked up the saying and found this-
1 to be suddenly reduced to a much lower level 
2 to suddenly fall or sit because you are very tired or unconscious

The bowls I've thrown lately have all collapsed. Perhaps I am pushing the limits of the clay (maybe that should be obvious), and maybe I'm pushing my own limits. Either way, as soon as I hit a particular point, down they go. There is no fixing a flopped pot. The best one can do is wire it off and settle for a much smaller pot, or scrape it off the wheel and start over. (I ended up with two small bowls.)

I looked for a photo for a fallen pot. This was about all I could find. (It looks a little like a cowboy hat...) Maybe I'll take my camera inside for my next wheel throwing adventure and get one of my own. How's that for positive thinking? Ha ha!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Always a favorite verse.
      Honestly, I was really thinking about my flopped pots and realized where the saying may have originated.

      Delete