Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Little Crocus

I've finally been able to enjoy some long walks with my sister. Walking does wonders for how I feel both physically and emotionally, and so does the fresh air. The flowers are poking through, the grass is turning green, and today I saw the lilac bushes are leafing out. Maybe spring really has arrived. I am desperately hoping my days off are nice enough to spend outside.

I was blessed to catch a few photos of my crocuses before yesterday's warm weather caused them to melt. As soon as the poor things begin to smile skyward they are smitten with heatstroke and wither.

The chickens, who uprooted a whole cache of spring bulbs, missed a few. By tomorrow I will have daffodils and the crocus will be gone for another year.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter dear Martha...
    Enjoy your family...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda.
      Happy Easter to you too!
      :0)

      Delete