Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Trouble With Buuba

Blast! My rooster does not like small children. I'm unsure whether or not he has reason, but I don't suppose that is going to matter. An aggressive rooster is a problem. It's time for an enclosure or the soup pot. I don't have the heart to put him in the soup, at least not yet, so I guess we'll have to look into building a pen. The plus side of keeping them in a fence is the yard will stay cleaner and, if and when the hens start laying, I'll have a smaller radius to search.

Perhaps I should start reading up on how to do the plucking and find some good recipes...

Blast!

7 comments:

  1. Do rooster like young children?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's almost four. (The child.) He says he was playing frisbee with the kitty and the rooster chased him (and caught him)...

      Delete
  2. Roosters can be very vicious. I remember this from when I was a kid. I would say roast rooster could be on the menu soon. :-(

    Marilyn from Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you serve him up on the platter, just make sure not to refer to him by name.

    ReplyDelete