Because it sounds so much more negative than I meant it to. Every life comes with bumps and challenges. It's how one looks at them that makes the difference. I'm still smiling and even finding some of it mildly entertaining, though you may not have been able to tell by yesterday's post. Please forgive me. I'm learning as I go.
* Grateful for a chiropractor friend who is helping me with the aches and pains that had settled into my neck and back. I'm feeling put together again and that is wonderful!
* Our almost sixteen year old cat wandered off and crossed the Rainbow Bridge sometime this past weekend. She was much loved and I'll miss her, but I'm glad her suffering is over.
* I spent this Tuesday at the hospital with my friend from the nursing home. She was quiet for much of the day, but kept us entertained by singing made up songs in the evening. I found out the gift shop at Highland Hospital has some pretty awesome oatmeal cookies.
* I mustered up some courage the other day and made an appointment with the dentist here in town. I discovered I have an intense dentophobia, even though I really do like the dentist himself. I'm trying to look at it as an exercise in courage.
* The rooster remains for now. He is a good protector, but is a bit confused as to who actually presents a danger. Small boys and middle aged grandmothers are not a danger to either his his "manhood" or his flock. I'm collecting up some delicious recipes like Coq au Vin for when the moment arrives. Everyone likes chicken.
* The hens are laying eggs every day now. We have a nice little collection and this morning The Trio was able to gather a few to take home too. Each child got two eggs. How cool is that?
Welcome to the North Pole.
4 hours ago