Monday, December 30, 2013

That Little Twitch

Busy, fun, exciting, and  exhausting all rolled up into one. Today my right eyelid decided to shudder and twitch. I think I must be tired or something. Imagine that.

It was another day of noise and activity. My three grandchildren came to play early, rousing us from our beds and getting the day started with some smiles and snuggles. Smiles and snuggles are nice. Speaking of snuggles, I've been soaking up those baby snuggles too. Last night I held the little guy while he fell asleep. Oh, so warm and cozy. (Somewhere there are pictures 'cause Grandmanita's here.) Lukie got his turn to hold the baby today. He was very pleased. I think they're all going to miss their little cousin when he goes home.

10 comments:

  1. How sweet. When Jill was born (today is her birthday (43) Michel and Julie were 8 and 9, Myk was 5. The girls were like little mothers just dotting on Jill. They still do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aubrey has been playing that she's Baby Jakie for weeks. All of the sudden she's decided to be Baby Austin instead. Watching little cousins interact can be quite heartwarming.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. That's a really sweet picture! Love the little mittens...or are those boxing gloves? ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucas loved having a turn holding him. It really was sweet.
      Those really do look like boxing gloves on his hands. :)
      They're actually socks that look like shoes. He has eczema and keeps scratching his own face, so every so often he gets to wear a pair of socks on his little hands.

      Delete
  3. Don't you love grandkids??!!
    Cheers from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a sign somewhere one day that said 'If I'd know how much fun grandchildren are I would have had them first'. Love you photos Martha :-)

    Marilyn from Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marilyn, I so loved having my own kids that I couldn't imagine grandchildren being better, but the sign is making more sense all the time. I love having them here, but it's nice not to have total responsibility along with it.

      Delete
  5. Holding a baby was something that always interested me when I was big enough to hold one. But back then when they peed it ran out and lots of people were seen holding the baby up while pee ran out of the diaper and down the leg onto the person's clothes that was holding the baby.

    Times have really changed for me over my lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abe, you always have a great story to tell!
      Moms and dad's today, along with friends and family, ought to be grateful for advances in diapering options. We rarely get peed and pooped on like folks used to.

      :0)

      Delete