Friday, February 06, 2009

Letting in the "Giraffe"

It's cold outside and the house can be drafty. Not only does the glass door open directly to the outside, but the cat door is broken and has only one covering. Sometimes that cold "giraffe" sneaks right around the corner and into my living room. I always thought giraffes were warm weather animals but here they always show up in the winter.

I'm still thinking about making my way down to the lake at some point, but the gray skies and cold keep pushing me back inside. I do wish I was more of a winter person... Hannah says, "Let's go." Maybe I'll find that extra layer to put under my jeans and shake the dust off my boots. Now to figure out where to go...

PS. My dilapidated giraffe was a project I did in high school.

5 comments:

  1. Cool giraffe, how do you keep stuff so long?? you know me, if I haven't used it in a year, poof! Well, except for my family pictures.
    I am not a winter perwson either, mittens or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, your giraffe is so cute. The cold weather always gets to me this time of year. Only a few more months till it gets warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judi, I don't keep everything. The giraffe spent many years in a little used room at my parent's home before I brought him here a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last picture I looked at was of 6 roasted guinea pigs (it's a blog about Colombia), so I really enjoyed the giraffe picture - hopefully it will suplant the other in my mind. You should try to go to the lake, but I am spoiled too and like it to be above freezing. As long as it's not raining I think my whole family will go tomorrow. Joel wants to see what it's all about :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy...how do you use a giraffe anyway?

    ReplyDelete