Wednesday, February 26, 2020

What's Going On?

It's dark and cold in the house tonight. It's evenings like this I wish for a cat to keep me company. But I am gone most of the day and the responsibility, as well as aggravation, of owning a cat would fall upon the one who is not generally fond of them. Every so often I miss my Naughties and feel sad at losing them. Maybe one day I'll get a new pair...

A dear friend recently helped connect me with a friend of hers. I'd previously tried in vain to make my own connection and I am ever so grateful for the assistance. Common trials, help in healing, like minds. We talked on the phone for nearly an hour Saturday afternoon and will meet for coffee after church on Sunday. Our stories aren't exactly the same but have common denominators. I am grateful. Ever so grateful.

Saturday, if the weather cooperates, I will have lunch with my friend Marlene. We are long overdue. It's been months and months since we met up. My blog says the end of July. The very end. I thought it had been even longer. Her son and his wife bought our farm. Oh, the irony.

Work is much better this week. Most of our babies are back, although one has been out sick every day this week. The dishwasher fills up quite nicely after lunch, and I have not been sent home early. Getting up for work every day still seems strange and surreal, but it keeps me busy and fills my days with purpose, not to mention it provides for my needs. I am thankful every day for the little ones. They will never know just how much their smiles and hugs mean to my sometimes lonely heart. Even though they will, in all likelihood, grow up and forget about me, I know I am still making a positive difference in their little lives. And they are in mine too.


4 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I thought I already commented on your post...I guess I didn't !!
    Hugs and sweet family smiles can do so much for me and I see that they do to you too.
    It sounds like you had a wonderful time and your pottery is fabulous.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hate when my replies appear to disappear.
      Always love the hugs. They are my lifeline.
      And thank you. Whatever will I do with all that pottery. Ha ha!

      Delete
  2. Sending love and hugs today. Had lunch with a friend, and wish we were close enough to do the same. I agree...your pottery is stunning and so alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved catching lunch with you! I will treasure those times forever while wishing we were close enough to do it all over again.
      The pottery is fun. Those clay cats may be the only kind I ever get.
      :0)

      Delete