Monday, February 17, 2020

Short Day

It's Presidents Week, and on top of that today is George Washington's birthday. Our child numbers were low, only 25 kids today, so I had the rare privilege of leaving work early. I might have left even earlier had the produce truck not shown up and given me some fruits and veggies to take care of.

I punched out at one o'clock and headed to the pottery studio to play in the mud. On the way I wondered why in the world I was going there when it was such an incredibly nice day for a walk... but I kept going.  :0)  I was only slightly disappointed to find no parking spaces on the side street and opted to park across Monroe Avenue at the church.

Inside the studio a few people were working on projects, one of them a fellow student from my Friday night class. Inspired by his creation, I set about building something out of character for me. It's a vessel of sorts, maybe a planter, I don't know, but something different from my usual stuff anyway. It turned out to be a good afternoon. Don's inspiring project looked little today like it did on Friday night, but it was a continuing inspiration none the less.

When my out of character project was done for today, I picked up a new piece of clay and made something more typical of Martha. It looks like it's wearing a sweater and although if feels somewhat useless, I kind of like it. It would be perfect for a handful of pens and pencils, or maybe a set of crochet hooks.

After the pottery I picked up a loaf of Ezekiel Bread and a small cup of coffee, and stopped to visit my chiropractor friend. I was early for my appointment and found myself back on the road before my scheduled time had even arrived. Stopped at my lovely daughter's house on the way home and was invited to dinner, but not before knocking on the door of my friend Angel just to give her a hug and tell her that I love her. One day we'll do coffee.

4 comments:

  1. Now this sounds like a delightful day...full of things you like to do and dinner with your daughter...nothing better than that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very nice day. Today could have almost been a repeat of yesterday, except that I came home and took a nap instead of going to play in the mud.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. I use to play in the mud....wonder why nothing I did looked like yours...haha. You are becoming a master potter! Love all you do. Hugs my dear..and a kiss on the cheek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have loved mud of all kinds. Remember my sandbox? Every child should have a sandbox, and a good old fashioned mud puddle right next to it!
      :0)

      Delete