Wednesday, October 02, 2019

Hugs and Kisses

It's been a week of sleepy headaches. Last night it dawned on me that it just might be my sinuses rather than caffeine or tension, and so I stopped for some sinus medicine. Although I woke up with a dull headache and battled it through the day, I am beginning to feel relief. No wonder I was so tired over the weekend!

I was early for work this morning. (Go figure.) On a normal day I arrive five minutes early, but this was more like ten or twelve minutes. Too early to punch in right away. We had five babies before 7:15 am (which is the reason I go in at seven) for the first time since I came home from Minnesota. They are a boogery bunch!

Every day I am blessed with hugs. I sat on a chair in the three year old class on Monday and was surrounded by six or seven little people all clamoring for a little attention. Some of these children were in the baby room when I started sitting in there a little over two years ago. My friend Addison soaked up an extra long hug.

In our toddler rooms are more little friends. My buddy Jonah was smiling on Monday as he climbed on my lap and wrapped his arms around my neck. Once upon a time he cried every time I left the baby room. Even now, when he is really upset and I am able, he will crawl into my arms for some comfort. How I wish I could always be available! My friend Chase smiles and says, "Hi, Parta!" and the others all want to collect a hug and kiss too. My friend Parker has been back since school started. I love hugging that little guy who I sat with all last winter in the baby room during Meg's lunch break.

Swearin' Maren is still in our baby room, but she's more of a scowler than a swearer these days. Sometimes I call her Tipsy because she's always losing her balance and falling over, a casualty of being 13 months and having a little fluid in her ears. Mylah does the army crawl every time the door opens, Brayden makes noises like a tugboat, and Maggie is six months old and mad at the world because she can't sit up alone or move on her own. I think most five and six month old babies are miserable. Ha ha! Penny is our new baby, She belongs to my friend Parker. She's his baby sister.

I came home from work tonight. It's cool and rainy, and the headache that I had earlier left me sleepy. Idris and I stayed home to clean the kitchen and play cars while his mommy and daddy ran out to the grocery store. We played cars, shared a cup of lemon tea with honey, and looked out the window until the car came back in the driveway. It was nice to have someone to share my tea with.

4 comments:

  1. It's that time of year...most sinuses are acting up, maybe protesting the end of summer?
    Playing cars with a grandson, what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weather and allergies wreak havoc on sinuses. Definitely a protest. LOL.
      Gotta love grandsons.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. I played many a car time with my 2 sons..my granddaughters really were't interested in cars so we always played restaurant...Whatchu want? one hambugger?...
    Glad you are feeling better.
    I had a nice lunch with a friend I haven't seen in 6 months...she lives part time in Colorado...great time catching up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My own mom often played Cars and Blocks with my boys. Even Bethany and Hannah loved the game. Idris likes to play restaurant too!
      I do love catching up with old friends. So glad you had the opportunity!
      :0)

      Delete