Monday, October 14, 2019

Bits and Pieces

* A weekend full of emotion will leave a body physically drained. I went to sleep at 7:30 last night. When I woke up at 9:30 pm and the room was pitch black, I found myself confused until I realized I'd only been asleep for two hours.

* The service for Aunt Margie was yesterday afternoon. I wish there had been more time to connect with my cousins. Some of them left before I got a chance to say more than hello and we rarely ever end up in the same spot anymore. I did get a chance to visit with my cousin Steve who is a lawyer in Miami. He had been on his way here to visit his mom when she was taken to the hospital.

* Friends and family were given the opportunity to share memories. I shared how Aunt Margie came to visit Mom every week while she lived with us,. She was not only her sister, but a faithful friend. And, I couldn't help but share the story of how once upon a time, when I was about ten years old, Aunt Margie had asked me if I'd like a piece of cake. I was a shy little girl and answered, "I don't care." I'd really wanted a piece. It looked really good, but I was trying not to be rude and thought she would give me one anyway. "Well," answered Aunt Margie, "if you don't care, I don't care." And I did not get a piece of cake. I was too startled and timid to change my answer that day, but the next time Aunt Margie asked if I wanted something, I said, "Yes, please."

* I got my hair cut today. It had grown wild and woolly over the past seven months. I have tried repeatedly to make an appointment with the friend who has cut it the past few years, but to no avail. When my boss mentioned there was a salon in Walmart and sometimes they do a great job, I decided to take the risk. I'm glad I did. It feels and looks so much better.

* So glad for the hugs I get every week. What would I do without them?

7 comments:

  1. You said you went to sleep at 7:30 and woke up at 9:30. Isn't that 2 hours of sleep?

    Glad you were able to get your hair cut, AND you like it! :)

    Glad you get all those hugs too. ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I edited my post before I ever read this. Not sure how I wrote "half an hour." I can do math...

      Delete
  2. Getting a haircut that you like is like getting a grip on life. It changes the way I act, for at least a day, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right, Jan! I felt so much more relaxed today. So nice!!!
      :0)

      Delete
  3. I sure need a haircut and perm...I really don't know why they call them permanents ...they definitely are not !!!
    Love your story about the piece of cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time my hair gets to the perfect length it keeps growing.

      Aunt Margie taught me a valuable lesson that day. I still miss that cake.

      Delete