Monday, October 21, 2019

A Few Key Thoughts

* I need a second car key on a lanyard around my neck.

* The locksmith now recognizes both me and my car.

* I was not the only one locked out of my car in the Wegman's parking lot between 5:30 and 6 pm this evening. I was not even the only one in my aisle, but my vehicle was not running, and I did not have my family along.

I have managed to lock myself out of my vehicle multiple times and in multiple places in the past few years. I am getting quite proficient this and engage multiple techniques. Tonight I employed the Jacket Switcheroo method. It's quite simple. I got out of the car wearing my sweatshirt and then, because it was the fancy Pittsford Wegmans, decided to trade it for my jean jacket. I took the sweatshirt off, tossed it in the car, and grabbed my jacket. Then I went in the store for coffee creamer and came out with no keys in my pocket. Voila! Very simple and effective.

It did not take me long to realize my blunder. There were no keys in my pockets when I arrived at my car. I peered into the vehicle, and just as I had imagined, my keys were waiting on my seat, which is better than lost on the ground. At least they were safe. There is something for which to be thankful. I considered our Triple A membership that I had forgotten last time, and checked my wallet. No card. I threw out a call to James. No answer. And so I did exactly what I had just done less than two weeks ago. I called the locksmith and waited. He smiled when he saw me, probably because I was smiling and looking sheepish. I told him I was just trying to keep him employed... I'd say we're on a first name basis, but truthfully, I don't even know his name. He's the one who suggested the lanyard. Ha ha!

This thing of being locked out of my vehicle is getting expensive, but James has now updated my Triple A membership and they will soon be mailing me a new card. Maybe I won't lock myself out again (yeah, right..), but Triple A is always good to have.

Pictures from yesterday's visit to Letchworth State Park with Rachel.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my..the car key saga goes on...(:0)
    At least you have a positive humorous take on it.
    AAA is a true lifesaver....Dead batteries with the car stuck in the garage....A great card to have.
    Here's to a bright new day and new adventures.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I couldn't laugh at this, the other troubles of life would crush me. I prefer to be amused.
      :0)

      Delete
    2. Yes and amen...
      Life is full of choices...
      Amused puts a smile on your face and a smile in your heart.

      Delete