Thursday, October 17, 2019

Holding Out

Work is a funny place. Most daycare cooks do all the ordering of food and supplies. My boss and I check in with each other, and she does the ordering. It's been working, so we haven't changed it up at all, although I could probably figure it out if I had the time.

On Tuesday morning my boss showed up in the kitchen followed by a nice looking gentleman with a clipboard. "Miss Martha, this is Gary," she said. "He wants to talk to you about our deliveries and some products we might like to add to our orders." I said hello to Gary and Kim and I looked at the list of items on the sheet. We told him we would look into whether or not the prices on some paper products were comparable with the other company we order from. It was a pleasant interchange. I played along like I was in charge of ordering supplies, and then Gary went on his way.

Later that day Kim told me when Gary came in to the building, he said "I'm here to see your cook." She laughed,then smiled at me and said, "He waltzed in and said it in such a way that I wondered if you were holding out on me! And then he said we was with (the company from which we order many of our supplies)." Ha ha! Silly Kim. I've never seen Gary before in my life.

(The guy in the photo is a mannequin Rachel and I found on an outing two years ago. I think I'll call him Gary.)

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...rather strange...
    Love your "Gentleman Friend"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she was shocked and confused until he said he was from the company that delivers our milk and a few other items. Then she was tickled and found it all completely hilarious.

      Ah, yes, my gentleman friend there... I had quite a few "friends" that day including a cow, a cardboard park ranger, and Big Foot.
      :0)

      Delete