Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Pete's Cranberry Gray?

We were getting ready for lunch when she looked up at me with crystal blue eyes and very seriously asked, "Are you old?" ha ha! I told her, "It depends on who you ask," and silently comforted myself with the thought that even people in their 20's are "old" to three year old children... Today one of our 15 month old babies walked up to me while I was sitting on the floor, bent over, and kissed me on the cheek. How sweet is that? ♥ And to think I once thought she would never love me.

I did not watch yesterday's solar eclipse. I was inside with babies while the sun shone (shined?) outside (or tried to). The atmosphere turned a peculiar color, but it got darker today when the rain storm let loose than it did yesterday. It was about the same time of the afternoon. I've enjoyed seeing photos taken by friends. My son in law got some great shots of its reflection.

In other news, I believe I have finally collected all my hand built projects from the pottery studio. The final piece was supposed to be Pete's Cranberry Red, but true to reputation, glazes often have a mind of their own. Perhaps it wasn't stirred well, or maybe it's been contaminated, either way it wasn't quite what I'd been hoping for. However, I am satisfied with the result. At least some of it turned out the right color, and the shape is nice. Maybe I'll even try this again some day. (Right after my wheel thrown class... ha!)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Martha....
    Love your mug...oh...and your coffee mug too! 😊
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby lovings are the best! I love the red on that mug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was supposed to be all red, but it has some character now that it wouldn't have if not for the gray.
      Yes, babies are the best lovers.
      :0)

      Delete