Monday, June 12, 2017

Little Bits

* Had a mom stop on her way into the daycare this morning and tell me how her 2 year old daughter put her jacket on all by herself this weekend. Laid it out on the ground, slipped her arms into the sleeves, and popped it up over her head. Easy peasy. And when Mom asked who taught her that she said, "Miss Martha!" (I borrowed a picture online, but it's not "my" toddler.)

* Gave out lots of love today and got lots back in return. I kind of like being a float and moving from group to group throughout the week. I make more friends that way. I need to buy some bubble gum on my way to work tomorrow or my little friend Lucas will be disappointed. He's always looking for my bubbles now.

* And finally, God letting me know He hears prayers. Interesting topic at my CoDA meeting tonight. That Step 11 caught my attention even before it was drawn from the topic box...

* Morning comes early and I have another busy day tomorrow. I start my hand building pottery class tomorrow evening. Can hardly wait!

8 comments:

  1. Aww, I love hearing these kind of work stories. I'm so happy you're enjoying you're job. It sounds like a perfect fit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Your job. I must have been super tired when I wrote that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was super tired and didn't notice.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. Glad your job is going well.
    And I hope you had fun at your pottery class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Martha you are so smart!! I have never seen that method of putting on a coat! Great way to teach kids for sure! I'm so glad you are enjoying your new job. So much more fun than the last one I can imagine. Have a great day!!!

    Marilyn from Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much better! So much to love, even if I don't totally agree with the way everything is done. Sometimes it just takes a little effort at looking from a slightly different perspective than I am accustomed to seeing. Love that coat trick!
      :0)

      Delete