Thursday, June 22, 2023

Physical Therapy

 I started going to physical therapy a couple of weeks ago. The PT agreed with my doctor that I am suffering from sachroiliitis. I've been given some exercises to strengthen my glutes which in turn will help the tendons and ligaments in my back hold everything in place better, including my sacroiliac joint which has been acting up since this trip to Chimney Bluffs back in August of 2016. (Click here.) My foot slipped on some loose stones giving my back a quick twist and I felt a sharp pain in my right, lower back. I expected it to go away, but it has continued to hurt off and on through the years despite chiropractic treatment. I am hopeful this will take care of the issue and give me relief.

I am thoroughly exhausted this evening and have already fallen asleep reading an online article. I'm sure there are multiple factors contributing to my fatigue, one being physical therapy. Allergy season is in high gear with the cottonwood trees releasing their fuzzy fury upon us. Everyone has a cold and all the babies are boogery. On top of that, I get up quite early each morning and am attempting to wean myself off that afternoon cup of half caffeinated coffee (or large Dr Pepper).

It was a beautiful day. The lake must have been lovely tonight but I wasn't there to see. I came home fully intending to head back out again but ended up in bed instead. Ha ha!

8 comments:

  1. ...I'm starting therapy for my arthritic knee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking PT is a great option. I hope you have wonderful results, Tom.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. There's nothing wrong with resting! We all do it. Maybe you need an XRay of your back? Don't know but hope you feel better soon!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Resting is good. I needed the sleep, but there was still a piece of me that wanted to celebrate the solstice a little bit longer.
      If the pain doesn't go away the doctor will consider imaging, but for now physical therapy is a good choice. It already feels better.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. Well...sometimes sleep is the very best medicine.. I do hope that the PT exercises will give you the relief you need. The cottonwoods are doing their thing around here too. Makes my eyes itch and get goopy sometimes.
    Seems a lot of people are suffering from the summer colds.
    We are unseasonally chilly this year. I'm still in my sweatshirts most days..not the way I like it..but I really don't like when it gets up into the high 90's.
    Doing my eldercare in a few hours..It is getting harder as her Alzheimer's progresses.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleep was what I needed last night, even though I wanted to play. (It's supposed to rain all weekend.) Everyone is looking for for the end of cottonwood season.
      I'm looking forward to a beautiful summer with lots of sunshine, evenings at the lake, and time outside.
      Prayers for you in your care taking efforts. It's a heartbreaking job. You are a hero.
      ((hugs))

      Delete
  4. Good rest and sleep is priceless. Our Julie is in some hard therapy from her knee surgery. Therapy is hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think therapy is probably a lot more painful after surgery. I thought I was doing okay yesterday until I got home and just wanted to go to sleep. Best wishes to Julie for a quick recovery.

      Delete