Thursday, June 29, 2023

Bits and Pieces

 * Physical therapy is going good. It makes me tired, but I know it will be worth it all in the end. I'm feeling so much better already. My only setback, just two appointments in, was jamming my SI joint when I fell off a balance beam at the park with my grandkids. I learned two things. 1. I don't have great balance anymore. and 2. It's pretty easy to jam my SI joint.

* It's summer at the daycare. It's not my favorite. Children of school employees are mostly off for the summer leaving us with reduced numbers. This means a whole lot of bouncing around from room to room and never knowing what to expect from day to day. I like to think of myself as flexible, but if I'm honest, I hate it. Plus, my time with my twins is limited. They are on vacation this week and I have no idea what the director's plan is upon their return. They have been known to move children to the toddler room as early as 15 months old... which they are.

* Smoky skies again. It's mostly a reduced visibility and reduced air quality. I'm not complaining. My home is not on fire and we are still able to go outside. My heart hurts for those who are actually affected in much greater ways. I can't even imagine.

3 comments:

  1. ...I'm going to the physical terrorist next week for my knee pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, we are watching the news and see the air quality back East. Terrible. Glad you can still get outside and take your wonderful photos. Looking forward to Jill and Tristan's visit July 7! I miss them so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never seen the air like this. It's really very sad.
      I'm so glad Jill and Tristan are spending time with you. It's hard when our people live far away.

      Delete