Thursday, June 08, 2023

A Few Thoughts

No lake trip this evening. It was probably beautiful and I probably missed running into a friend, but I didn't go tonight. I had an appointment at physical therapy where I saw a PT about the pain in my back. She agreed with the doctor's opinion that my sacroiliac joint is the cause of my lower back pain and has given me some exercises to strengthen my glutes. I am optimistic and eager to be rid of this pain in the butt.

The mind continues to roll and ponder. I will, in all likelihood, always carry some degree of cognitive dissonance regarding my divorce, but I am hopeful that these thought processes will no longer cripple me. I stopped at my old church to drop something off to James yesterday afternoon and ran into a couple of women from my old Ladies' Prayer group. One of them is especially dear. We shared a long tight hug and I told her I loved her. She is a great source of encouragement to my children and for this I am entirely thankful. I'm not entirely sure what to think when they tell me, "I'm praying for you." I said thank you, but deep inside I'd really like to know exactly what they're asking God to do... Ugh.

 I've been thinking the last couple of days about April and how it was so very sad for me. It's a month full of memories, but there is something else this year I realized I've been grieving and that is the loss of my favorite tulip, the one I moved from the farm when I came to live in my childhood home. I thought she was in a safe spot, but she was lost when Sergio moved the little Japanese maple tree from up by the house out into the yard. I knew back then that she was probably gone, but I'd held onto a shred of hope in her miraculous return. It's hard to admit something as simple as a flower could make my heart hurt, but she represented so much growth, healing and resilience that letting go is painful. It's not as though another can take her place. She taught me so many lessons and I am ever so grateful for the gift she was.

Our smokey skies have cleared. (We were under an air quality advisory for a couple of days due the Canadian wildfires in Ontario and Quebec.) There were puffy, white clouds and blue skies this afternoon. I can't even imagine what it must be like for those in the thick of it.

8 comments:

  1. Since I'm fairly new here, I didn't know about your divorce. Life isn't always wonderful and full of unicorns...just ask me. lol
    Hopefully the ladies truly meant their prayers were for your happiness. I'm sure they were.
    Sending big hugs and prayer your way!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The divorce will have been final for 4 years around Father's Day. I filed. It was a boundary I had to hold even though it causes deep pain. The healing has been slow and steady. I am sure these ladies mean well, I am just not sure their prayers are not misguided.
      Hugs to you as well, and thank you for the prayers!
      :0)

      Delete
  2. I know your divorce has been hard on you, but I will certainly pray for God's love and guidance for your future. How special that flower must have been!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a rough few years, Carol. I thank you for your prayers. God's love and guidance is always appreciated. And yes, the flower was special before I ever knew what she was teaching me. She was an amazing lesson in overcoming dire circumstances. A very special gift.

      Delete
  3. Flowers are a beautiful lesson for each of us.
    Healing is a process and its on God's timetable not ours..That's the hard part.
    I do love your transparency
    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love flowers. They are all beautiful, but this particular flower was an overcomer.
      I suppose healing does come in God's time, and yet I know that I can lean into the process or resist it altogether. It's coming along, slow but sure.
      :0)

      Delete
  4. God's grace to you!

    ReplyDelete