Monday, January 18, 2021

Wait and Trust

 He heals the brokenhearted
    and binds up their wounds.  

Psalm 147:3

I keep trying, but I don't do "alone" very well. I'm not sure what the trigger is tonight, but the wounds are weepy. 

How did I get here? Well, that is a long and complicated story. Looking at the pieces is like dumping a 2000 piece puzzle on the dining room table. Parts of the picture are obvious, glaringly so. Some of them so glaring that I find myself angry and frustrated at things that happened 40 years ago. But I can't change them and so there is no point in going there unless it is to understand the present.

The lost feeling is the most difficult to soothe. I think of my own mom who lived in my house for three and a half years. There were moments when I wanted to gather her into my arms, but some invisible force prevented me... Those painful past moments. The wall between us. The wall I couldn't scale.

It's late. The house is dark and still, and my heart is aching again. I'm feeling empty inside. I ask God why, but He only replies with "wait and trust." Waiting is hard. So very hard.

4 comments:

  1. You are not alone. You have your kids and grandkids. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feelings can't always be trusted. God's Word can always be trusted. You are on that journey of finding the difference. You will! I love you! I would gather you in my arms and hold you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feelings can't always be trusted. This is true.

      Today I struggle with letting go of that which was never mine. I long to be held as I release control once again to the One Who Loves Me. Maybe if we close our eyes very tight, and imagine very hard, we will be holding each other. You and me.

      I love you too.

      Delete