Thursday, January 14, 2021

On Guard

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love. 
1 Corinthians 16:13-14 NIV
 
So many things I could say, and none of them political. I've not always understood what it meant to Be on your guard," and so I wasn't, but I have stood firm in my faith. I have learned to be courageous. I have also learned I am stronger than I ever knew. I have done hard things with all the love I could have ever hoped to muster. But I could never have done any of it without God helping me stand, encouraging me on, and providing strength.

 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Martha.........A woman is like a tea bag. She gets stronger when she’s in hot water. 🥰

    Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, indeed. Love Marilyn's comment..that's perfect and I totally agree.
    Without God we are nothing..
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many difficult "classes" in the school of life.

      Delete
  3. We are stronger when we are in hot water, now that is a cute saying. The more I study the Bible, in groups at my church, the more I admire all the wisdom in it, like the Scripture you quoted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend who sends me a scripture verse every day. I've come to look forward to it.

      Delete