Friday, January 01, 2021

Happy New Year!

 Here's to Fresh Starts and New Beginnings!

Overall, 2020 was a good year. The world may have gone mad, things may look vastly different today than they did at this time last year, but life goes on and the sun still shines. There were excruciating moments, but I have so much to be thankful for. And I am.

Christmas 2020 was rough. I even deemed it "The Stupidest Christmas Ever!" And it was. But like He always does, God uses painful moments as teaching moments. When the light goes on in a dark room, things come into focus. Such was the end result of Christmas 2020. (I told you stitches hurt!)

Tonight we stayed up to eat cheese and crackers, watch some television, and welcome 2021. I'm not throwing any resolutions out there, but I know God has good things stored up for me. I may have been struggling to catch my breath on Monday, but I am relaxed tonight. He is good.

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year and May God Bless You in the new year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol!
      Happy New Year and Blessings to you as well.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. A new year and stitches bring healing.
    We will go through it together.
    I'm glad you brought in 2021 with a quiet celebration.
    You and I will be taking the High Road in tis coming year.
    Glad you have a few days off..continue to relax and recharge.
    Me?? paying a few bills, putting up some Ebay stuff for sale and beginning the process of denuding the Christmas tree. Sad and glad at the same time.
    hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every painful stitch is healing. I am so grateful for the prayers of my friends.
      Love you!

      Delete
  3. Yes, in many strange ways, is was a good year. I was able to keep and love my dearest. No hospital visits this year. 5 last year!!! We watched a couple movies and had a private communion at midnight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy for you!
      You are loved so very much!!!

      Delete